Thursday, January 7, 2010

Everything Under the Sun: "Song of Love" by Rebecca St. James

"Song of Love"  by Rebecca St. James


 
Let me introduce Rebecca St. James to you, Christian women of the Philippines. For the past ten years, according to Christian Music.Com, singer/songwriter Rebecca St. James has been  a dominating figure in the contemporary Christian music world. Her style is pop/rock/alternative. She is both a Grammy Award winner and a multiple Dove Award recipient.


Born Rebecca Jean Smallbone in July 26, 1977 in Sydney, Australia, Rebecca's family moved to the U.S. when she was 14 years old. But before they moved, she released an independent album titled 'Refresh My Heart' in Australia at the age of 13.


Rebecca says her inspiration for writing music are the Bible, her own life experiences, and other Christian music. Mark Moring of Campus Life Magazine says, "Sure, her music is hip and innovative, but it's her underlying commitment to Christ and her unabashed proclamation of God's love that primarily attract the listener". 


So now, come and listen to her song, 'Song of Love'. I've placed the lyrics also down there. Enjoy!

 "Song of Love" Lyrics:


Jesus, king of my heart
Father, my peace and my light
Spirit, the joy of my soul, You are
Jesus, to You none compare
Father, I rest in Your care
Spirit, the hope of my heart, You are.


Chorus:
 The heavens declare You are God
And the mountains rejoice
The oceans cry, "Alleluia!"
As we worship You Lord
For this is our song of love.


Jesus, You save my soul
I'll thank You forever more
Jesus, the love of my life, You are.
Jesus, I am in awe
Of the love that You have shown
Jesus, how precious You are
To me, To me.


Chorus 2:
The heavens declare You are God
And the mountains rejoice
The oceans cry, "Alleluia!"
As we worship You Lord


The heavens declare You are God
And the mountains rejoice
The oceans cry, "Alleluia!"
As we worship You Lord
For this is our song of love


Our song of love 2x
This is our song of love
Our song of love 3x 
This is our song of love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

send load to philippines
 
The Living Grace. Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.