Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spiritual Food: "Beauty Instead of Ashes"

"Beauty Instead of Ashes"

     Joyce Meyer's book, "Beauty for Ashes" is a book about receiving emotional healing. You receive it because you need your faith to receive inner healing. These are the verses in the book which helped Joyce to receive her own emotional healing at last.

Isaiah 61:1-3 (Amp) "The Spirit of the Lord 
is upon me, because the Lord has 
anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel 
of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted; 
He has sent me to bind up and heal the brokenhearted, 
to proclaim liberty to the [physical and spiritual] captives and the opening of the prison and of the eyes 
to those who are bound. To proclaim the 
acceptable year of the Lord [the year of His favor] 
and the day of vengeance of our God, 
to comfort all who mourn. To grant  
consolation and joy to those who mourn in Zion--
to give them an ornament (a garland or diadem) 
of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of praise, joy instead of mourning, the garment [expressive] of instead of heavy, burdened , and failing spirit --..."

1 Peter 4:8 (NKJV) "And above all things 
have fervent love for one another, for love will cover a multitude of sins."

Psalm 91:1-2 (NKJV) "He who dwells in 
the secret place of the Most High shall abide 
under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say 
of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress; 
My God, in Him I will trust' "...

2 comments:

nuts said...

your blogs is so inspiring.. now updating my blog, and added you in my list, my other blog..
embrace life

Carmen Araneta said...

Hi Nuts,

So sorry for the late reply. Thanks so much and God Bless. Will also follow your other blog.

Post a Comment

send load to philippines
 
The Living Grace. Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.