Friday, July 2, 2010

"As For Me and My House, We will Serve the Lord!"

SPIRITUAL FOOD: "As For Me and My House, We will Serve the Lord!"

     Our title comes from Joshua 24:15 which I've already explained in our Issues of Life section. A godly house is a family that worships and serves the Lord. It is our duty as parents to introduce Jesus to our children, but then it would be their own choice whether to continue to serve Him or not. However, great is the influence of our own life to them especially when they witness our joy in serving Him. 

 Genesis 18:19 "For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the Lord, to do righteousness and justice, that the Lord may bring to Abraham what He has spoken to him (blessings)."

Our individual act of service :
 
Romans 12: 1-2  "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

Our Great Commission to share Jesus to others:
 
Matthew 2: 19-20  "Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always even to the end of the age."

Psalm 100: 1-2 "Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness. Come before His presence with singing."
 


5 comments:

Rossel said...

Amen. may God bless you and your family always.

charmie said...

May God Bless you , Ate.. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Happy Sunday:)

Tetcha said...

You're absolutely right! Parents should always set good examples for their children in everything, and that includes letting them know about their Creator and encoraging them to serve Him in whatever ways they can.

Jesson Balaoing said...

God bless us....

charmie said...

Amen! Thanks for your comment on my blog Ate. I'm glad to hear that your planning to come here next year! By the time, I'm not here anymore! Explore Israel , dami nag wish na pupunta dito pero di nabigyan ng chance. I consider myself lucky, and I'm very thankful. God Bless Ate..

Post a Comment

send load to philippines
 
The Living Grace. Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.